So this talk about myself business is pretty hard. But here I go. I am a wife to my hardworking husband, Paul and Mom to two beautiful girls, Raquel and Ella. They are my world and the reason I do what I do. I am a business owner, homemaker, team cheerleader, adventure finder, party planner, chauffeur, personal shopper, best friend, artist and an AMAZING photographer(a little bias) and so much more.
Being a photographer is something that I put so much passion into. I believe it shows in my work, personality and the people around me. When I click that button on that massive piece of equipment I capture more than just a 5×7 you hang on your wall or send out in the mail. I capture a memory, a moment that you will never be able to have back. A piece of history is now on my memory card. A piece of your history and mine. This is what I do, I see that moment and save it for you, sometimes you don’t even know the moment was happening, but I do. When you leave a session with me, you are leaving with memories and a friend.
I first discovered in high school I loved photography. I began working at a portrait studio when I was just 17 years old. It was still film at that time(I feel old). I still remember my very first session. It was a two-year-old girl who was messing with me the whole time, and I finally got her to smile. It felt amazing! Next, I became an assistant manager for a different portrait studio, which also happens to be where I met my wonderful husband Paul! What caught his attention you ask? Well, one reason you will have to use your imagination and the other was my signature “I’m gonna getchu!” to the little ones to get that perfect giggle and smile! Some may conclude that this is and was annoying or ridiculous, but the proof is in the photos, it is effective! Hey my husband liked it, that’s all that matters, he was laughing with me, not at me!
That company went bankrupt and left me jobless, I took this horrible situation and looked at it as a blessing in disguise. It pushed me to start my own business and follow my dream.
Taking photos has become more than just a business, it is a lifestyle. I put a piece of myself in all of my work. I have no problem getting dangerous to get you that perfect shot, like leaning over a ledge, standing on very unstable garbage can, putting my head on a wall that may have spiders on it, go down that sketchy alley, stand in freezing water, stop traffic downtown and on the shoulders of groomsmen who are usually not given a choice in the matter. The list goes on and on. I have worked very hard to be a well rounded photographer, with specialties ranging from engagements to generational photos and every life changing moment in between. And am excited to see where it takes me.
“Photography is more than just finding that perfect shot or angle, its finding the life and happiness in the perfect moment and capturing it forever.”
15 Fun facts about Jessica!
1. I hate peppers, hate is an understatement.
2. I love mushrooms, all mushrooms, love is an understatement.
3. My favorite food is sushi.
4. I always wear socks to bed, don’t try to take my socks off, you may get hurt. Its cold.
5. I still love rocking out to boy bands.(don’t judge me, you know you love it too)
6. My favorite color is turquoise.
7. I was a girl scout for one day. One day only.
8. I played basketball in middle school.
9. I’m surprisingly afraid of heights but will brave it for clients.
10. As clumsy as I am, I’ve never broke a bone.
11. I finally met my long lost sisters about 5 years ago, now we talk all the time!
12. I grew up in South Minneapolis.
13. My favorite animal is a kitty cat.
14. I went on a plane for the first time when I was 24 years old and haven’t been back since.
15. I’m “that parent” on the sidelines when my daughter is playing softball or basketball.